Submittable enables you to add video, images, and hyperlinks to your organization's General Guidelines and individual form guidelines with a user-friendly text editor. The text editor is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) tool, so that what you see in the text editor will reflect how it appears in your guidelines.
To edit your General Guidelines, click on Forms and select Edit General Guidelines on the left side of the page. In the Public Profile page, locate the text editor in the General Guidelines section.
To edit a form's guidelines, go to Forms and click the name of the form you'd like to edit. In the General Settings tab, locate the text editor in the Guidelines section.
To add an image to your guidelines
In the text editor for your General Guidelines or form guidelines, click on the image icon.
You will see a dropdown box asking you to enter an image URL and alt text for the image.
Copy an image URL and add Alt Text
- Open up a web browser, and choose the image you would like to insert from a live webpage. Please make sure you have the rights to use this image.
- Right-click on the image with your mouse or touchpad and select Copy Image Address (or the equivalent, depending on your web browser).
- Paste the Image Address into the Image URL textbox.
- The Alt Text box enables you to include a description of your image, which helps ensure your guidelines are as accessible as possible. For example, if your picture is of horses running in a field, write "horses running in a field" in the Alt Text Area.
- Click the Add button and your image will appear in the guidelines area.
- Click Update Profile or Save Form to save your changes.
To add a video to your guidelines
In the text editor for your General Guidelines or form guidelines, click on the video icon.
You will see a dropdown box asking you to enter a video URL.
Paste your video URL into the text box and click the Add button. Click Update Profile or Save Form to save your changes.
To add a hyperlink to your guidelines
- Enter the text that you want to hyperlink into the body of your guidelines, then select/highlight it with your mouse or touchpad.
- In the WYSIWYG text editor for your General Guidelines or Form Guidelines, click on the link icon.
The following text box will appear:
Enter the URL for the link you want to include and press enter on your keyboard. Click Update Profile or Save Form to save your changes.
Additional questions? You can also contact support directly by filling out the form here.