The Draft Submissions feature enables you to view how many people have begun an application or submission for each of your live forms in real time, but who have not yet actually submitted it. You can send these would be submitters a custom written message with any relevant information about the form (i.e. you are extending your deadline), or simply remind them to complete their submission before the form deadline arrives.
If a submitter or applicant has begun to fill out a form, you can assume they're interested in your opportunity. Perhaps they started it and got side-tracked and forgot to come back and finish it. The Draft Submissions feature is an easy and efficient way to communicate with this group of individuals who are likely to increase your submission pool.
Follow these steps to send a message using Draft Submissions:
- Click More>Draft Submissions. You will see a list of your live forms that have draft submissions started for them. Note that while you can see how many people have started a draft (in the Draft column), you will not be able to see their email addresses at this point. This is to preserve submitters' privacy until they have officially submitted
- Click on the forms that have saved drafts for which you want to contact would-be submitters. In the example below, a message is being sent to people who started a draft to submit to the Cookbook Proposal form, for which 3 people have started a draft..
3. Click on the Send Reminder button. A dialog box will open up that looks like this:
Fill in the Subject line, enter your specific message in the Message box, and select the email address from which the email will be sent (you can choose whether it comes from you main org address or your personal email address).
4. Click Send Message(s)
5. Individuals who have started a saved draft for your form will receive an email that looks like the one below. The email will include your message, along with a button to conveniently take them directly to their saved draft to review and/or complete it..
6. On your Draft Submissions page, you’ll see a record of the date(s) of all messages you send using this tool under Reminders Sent column.
Each message you send will be received by all current draft-holders. This means that if you send multiple messages, individuals who received your initial message(s)- who still have not completed their draft - will receive repeated emails from you. For this reason, you may want to let drafts accumulate before reaching out, or at least limit the times you send reminders, until fairly close to your deadline.
Note: To protect user privacy, organizations will not have access to the content of any users' draft submissions, or submitter contact data, until saved drafts are normally submitted.
How do I add Draft Submissions to my account?
If you are in a Custom Plan, Draft Submissions will be automatically added to your account within the coming weeks. For all other plan types, please contact our account management team at email@example.com for more information on how to add this feature to your account.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org