Your email service provider will sometimes try to predict incoming spam mail on your behalf and filter it into your spam folder before you ever see it. If you're not receiving expected emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, you will want to safelist the email@example.com address to help ensure that these emails reach you.
Safelisting an email address means explicitly telling your email service provider that email from firstname.lastname@example.org is not spam or junk mail.
Below you'll find instructions for how to safelist an email address for several of the most popular email service providers.
- First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Gmail spam folder, select the email and click the Not Spam button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us.
- Click on the down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to Reply:
- Click add firstname.lastname@example.org to Contacts list.
Yahoo! Mail Safelist:
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find email from email@example.com in your Yahoo! bulk folder, open the email and click Not Spam.
- If you find mail from firstname.lastname@example.org in your Blocked Addresses list in Settings, select the email and click Remove Block.
To create the filter, follow these steps:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on the Gearwheel and select Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Filters (in the bottom left corner), or select Filter Emails Like This.
- On the Filters page, click Add.
- Select the From header: rule, and add "contains" and add submittable.com.
- Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select Inbox.
- Pick the Add Filter button or Save.
AOL Webmail Safelist:
You must add email@example.com to your AOL address book:
- Search for email from Submittable in your Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the Not Spam button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the Primary E-Mail 1 field.
- Click Another email, and enter email@example.com into the E-Mail 2 address.
- Click Create.
You must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List as follows:
- First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click Not Junk.
- Next, check to see if the firstname.lastname@example.org appears in the Blocked Senders list. If so, select it and click on the Remove button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click Options in the upper right hand corner.
- At the top of the page, click on the Junk E-mail Protection link.
- Next, click on Safe List, which is down near the bottom.
- Copy and paste email@example.com where it says Type an address or domain.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 6. and 7. for firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft Outlook Safelist:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
- Add email@example.com where it says Add address.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org in the same way.
- Click OK
To allow messages from specific e-mail addresses, follow the instructions below. You can also do this through the Spam Control menu button (in Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail), or by right-clicking the system tray icon. You can add, edit or remove individual e-mail addresses or whole domains to your allowed senders list. For example, if you add email@example.com to your allowed senders list, all e-mail messages from the firstname.lastname@example.org address are allowed.
To edit your list of trusted e-mail addresses:
- On the main page, click Settings.
- Select Internet > E-mail filtering.
- Click Allow senders. The Allow senders settings page opens.
To add a new e-mail address:
- Click Add. The Add sender/domain dialog box opens.
- In the Address field, enter the e-mail address (email@example.com) or domain name (submittable.com) from which you want to allow e-mail messages. You can add a short description for the new address in the Description field.
- Click OK. The new e-mail address is now shown on your allowed senders list.
To edit an e-mail address:
- In the list, select the e-mail address you want to edit, and click Edit. The Edit sender/domain dialog box opens.
- Edit the selected e-mail address, and click OK.
To remove an e-mail address from the allowed senders list:
- In the list, select the e-mail address you want to remove
- Select Remove. The e-mail address is removed from the list.
Mozilla Thunderbird Safelist:
- First, check your Junk folder. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org, right-click on our email and choose Mark as Not Junk.
- Next, click the Address Book button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book (left column).
- Click on New Contact.
- In the Contact tab, set Email to email@example.com.
- Set Additional Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click OK and close the Address Book.
- From the main Thunderbird menu, choose Tools > Account Settings
- For each email account, expand the settings and choose Junk Settings from the expanded account settings.
- Ensure Personal Address Book is checked under Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in.
- Once you have done this for each email account, click OK.
Comcast Email Safelist:
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter email@example.com.
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled Restrict Incoming Email, also do the following:
- Select Preferences.
- Select Restrict Incoming Email. If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
- Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Add button.
- Repeat for email@example.com.
Earthlink Email Safelist:
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in firstname.lastname@example.org into the email address slot and then click OK.
Verizon Email Safelist:
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The Add Address Book Entry screen appears. In the Email field, enter email@example.com.
- In the Nickname field, type submittable.com.
- Select Save.
Apple Mail / OSX Safelist:
- First, if email from firstname.lastname@example.org ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click Not Junk at the top of your screen.
- Go to Mail > Preferences
- Go to Mail > Preferences Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule.
- Give this rule a name such as “Email from submittable.com.”
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in email@example.com.
- From the actions, select Move message to mailbox Inbox.
- Click OK.
- Log into your Postini account
- Look in the Junk area
- If you find email firstname.lastname@example.org check the checkbox to select the email
- Click the Deliver Selected link at the top of the Junk screen
- On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” checkbox next to the email
- Click the Approve Selected Senders button
- Do the same for each email from email@example.com.
Questions? You can also contact support directly by filling out the form here.