With Submittable's budget tracking tool, level 5 administrators can record and track an organization's funds distribution to applicants. Everything about the Funds tool is designed to make the process of awarding and distributing funds easy and transparent. You can verify the dollar amount available in a specific fund or check the giving capacity of the whole organization.
Set Up Your Funds
At the top of your organization's page, click Funds.
2. Click the + New Fund button.
3. Enter the Fund Name, Fund Amount, and Fund Description, then Create Fund:
All your currently tracked funds will appear on your Funds page, showing total available amounts, funds awarded, and funds already paid:
Note: Deleting a fund will not delete the data from specific submissions that have already received an awarded amount from the fund. If there is still an available balance to be paid from the awarded amount a new transaction can be created with an amount paid from this fund on the submission as well. The data will remain reportable in Advanced Reports. Any data attached to submissions from the deleted fund will need to be removed from each submission manually on the submission details page.
1. Click on a submission from your Submission List.
2. In the column to the right, click on the Funds tab.
3. Clicking the Funds tab will show you all award and/or payment activity for this applicant. To make a new award or payment, click + Create New Transaction.
4. Select Awarded or Paid in the Status dropdown, select the fund to withdraw from, the amount to award or pay, and add a description in the text box provided.
Note: Awarded refers to the total amount that will be paid, and Paid refers to the current amount being paid.
5. Click Save. After you do this, you will see the new recorded transaction in the Funds column.
Note: You can edit or delete any fund transaction by clicking on the icons in the lower right corner of each transaction.
Adding a memo to transactions
When you create a transaction, you can add a memo to that transaction. The memo will appear in the transaction list. Memos are either internal or recipient facing.
Internal memos are only visible to team members, while recipient facing memos can be viewed by applicants if the Award and Payment Visibility option is enabled in Project Settings. For more information on enabling Award and Payment Visibility, see Create a Project.
To download a list of transactions into a .csv file, click on the Transactions area then the download icon:
The downloaded file will contain the Fund Name, Transaction Amount, Transaction Status, Submitter Name, Submission Name Field, Submission ID, Project/Program Name, Date of Transaction, and Transaction Description.
Contact our Account Management team to add Funds to your organization's account.