When you receive a new submission, you will see it in your Submissions List with the New status. Note: Submitters will see these new submissions marked as Received in their submission list.
Note: Sometimes organizations mistakenly mark incoming submissions as Accepted, believing that this status is meant simply to acknowledge receipt of a submission. Please be sure to avoid this action. The Accepted status is intended to be applied to submissions only after they have been reviewed and approved for advancement.
Terminal statuses are Accepted, Declined, Withdrawn, and Completed. These statuses indicate that a submission has reached the end of the review process.
Once a New submission has been handled in some way - assigned, commented on, labeled, or a message has been generated to the submitter - the status of that submission automatically changes to In-Progress status. Below please find a summary of what each submission status means.
- New: A submission has been successfully received by your organization.
- In-Progress: A submission has been received and handled in some way (e.g., assigned, commented on, message sent to the submitter, etc.). A submission will remain In-Progress until it is changed to a Terminal status by a level 4 or 5 team administrator.
- Declined: A submission has been declined. This is a terminal status and means that the submission has been reviewed and will not be published or otherwise moved forward in your organization's review process.
- Accepted: This is a terminal status indicating a submission has been accepted for for publication or other form of advancement after being reviewed.
- Completed: A submission has been processed and is no longer being considered. (Note: Some organizations prefer to use this status instead of Declined for situations like large, public contests in which, for example, they've publicly announced the winners online and would prefer not to Decline the remaining submissions.) The Completed status is also useful for submissions that are not necessarily being evaluated, but are being processed with a workflow that is not appropriate for an Accept/Decline status.
- Withdrawn: A submission has been withdrawn from consideration by either the submitter or the organization.
- Editable: A submission is currently open for editing, and any information may be changed by the submitter. Only level 4 or 5 team members can change submissions to Editable status. The submitter closes the submission once they have completed any changes during the Editable status.
Questions? You can also contact support directly by filling out the form here.