*Please note: this article refers to features associated with Submittable's new form engine, and may or may not be applicable to your organization's account. Please contact our support team with any questions.
Internal Forms is an improvement upon our former Internal Fields functionality. With Internal Forms, organization administrators can build forms using our new form engine, for the specific purpose of your organization's internal use as your team evaluates submissions.
How will Internal Forms help me and my team?
- Supplement submissions. Add relevant information to a submission, such as site visit notes or interview notes.
- Provide context to reviewers. Include data that will help with reviewer assessments, such as historical funding data, an organization’s track record, or third party documentation (i.e. articles or charity assessments.)
- Add a summary. Distill key points from an application; clarify information into an internal summary to share with your team.
- Safeguard anonymity. Sometimes the blind feature fails to prevent an applicant from sharing personally identifying information (i.e. an attached document with name in filename). Internal Forms give you an opportunity to review and redact applications when necessary - without creating a burden on time-strapped applicants.
- Standardize data. Internal Forms can be used to distill qualitative data into a tidier reportable format, or to standardize different data points across multiple forms in order to analyze results and measure the impact of programs.
To Create an Internal Form, follow these steps:
- Click on Forms in the navigation bar.
- Click on Internal Forms.
- This will bring you into the form builder where you can build an Internal Form as you would any other form (Initial, Review, Reference, etc.) Please refer to this short video if you need a refresher on form form building.
5. Click on the specific Project to which you want to add an Internal Form. Click on the General Settings tab on the left.
5. Scroll down until you see the dropdown selection for Internal Form. Select the form you want to associate with your Project. In the example below, the Internal Form is called "Site Visit Notes."
6. After you receive submissions associated with the Project, your organization's assigned reviewers will see the associated Internal Form when reviewing submissions in the Submission Details area. Click on the downward pointing arrow icon on the right to expand an Internal Form.
7. Complete the fields within the form and click Update to save form responses. The Internal Form will remain available to review or edit at anytime. Be sure to click Update again after making any changes to the form.
Note: All information collected using Internal Forms will be available to consolidate and export using our standard reporting tool.
How can I add Internal Forms to my account?
Internal Forms is a feature that can be added to your account at no additional cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add this feature to your organization's account now.