In addition to our basic Yes/No/Maybe rating system, Submittable offers the ability for organizations to create custom review forms with our Review Designer.
To Access the Review Designer:
- Go to your Forms page and click on an existing form to edit it or click the 'Add Form' button to create a new form.
2. Click the Review Designer tab. If you do not see this feature for your plan level, you can change your plan by clicking the ‘Upgrade Now’ button or by contacting us.
3. To use the Review Designer, click the Enable Custom Reviews on/off switch. If you’d like to switch back to basic Yes/No/Maybe ratings, click the same switch again.
Customizing Your Review Form:
4. Like the Form Designer, the Review Designer has a toolbox on the right-hand side of the screen. Drag and drop fields from the Toolbox onto the review form to customize your form. By default, your review form is pre-populated with sample fields for you to customize. You can edit or delete these fields.
- To edit a field, hover your mouse over the field and click on it or click 'Edit’ in the field’s upper right-hand corner
- To delete a field, hover your mouse over the field and click the trash icon in the upper right-hand corner
- To reorder fields, click and drag a field to a new location
- To require that a reviewer answer a field, check the Required checkbox when editing that field. Required fields will be starred.
- To present the optional answers to reviewers in one line of text for a checkbox list, radio list, rating radio list, or rating checkbox list, check the In-line checkbox
5. Each new field on your form has a label for you to customize (typically, you’ll change the label to a question or statement for the reviewer) and an option to make the field ‘required.’ You can also add a 'Description' to each question to give your reviewers additional instructions. Here is an overview of the available fields:
- Text Box: For short, one-line text answers
- Text Area: For long, multi-line text answers
- Dropdown: For answers in a dropdown menu format from which the reviewer can only choose one answer
- Checkbox: For a single-option checkbox answer
- Checkbox List: For a list of options from which the reviewer can choose one or more answers
- Radio List: For a list of options from which the reviewer can only choose one answer
- Text Block: This block is read-only, editable by administrators. Use this to give instructions or other informational text to reviewers
- Horizontal Line: Use a horizontal line break to help organize sections of your review form
- Rating Radio List: For a list of options from which the reviewer can only choose one answer. You’ll give each option a numerical rating or score.
- Rating Checkbox List: For a list of options from which the reviewer can choose one or more answers. You’ll give each option a numerical rating or score.
6. After you have added and edited your preferred form fields, check the Make Review Form LIVE checkbox at the bottom of the form. Then select Save Form to save your changes.
Completing the Review Form:
7. Once the review form is live, reviewers will see a Reviews tab in the Submission Details page.
- To open the review form, reviewers will click the My Review button in the Reviews tab
- If the reviewer wants to exit the submission before they have completed their review, they can click the Save Draft button at the bottom of the form to save their entries
- When finished completing the form, the reviewer will click the Finalize Review button at the bottom of the form
Viewing and Exporting Review Form Data:
8. To access the scoring data for completed review forms, administrators can click the Reviews tab on the top-right-hand side of the Submission Details page for a submission. On this tab, you’ll see all reviews that have been completed for the specific submission. Click on an individual review to view it or click the Download icon to download it as an RTF file. To download all the reviews for a submission as an RTF file, click the Download button next to 'My Review.'
9. To export review data for an entire form, go to the 'Forms' tab and hover your mouse over the form for which you want to export data. Click the blue arrow download icon in the lower right-hand corner of the form, and you’ll automatically download a CSV file of your review data.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com