Our Form Logic feature allows you to use conditional logic in your submission form, so that certain questions or form fields will only appear when users select specific answers in your form. This can be very helpful for simplifying long application forms so that applicants don’t have to sift through questions that don’t apply to them. You can also use Form Logic to write “gatekeeper” questions, so that you can determine applicant eligibility.
Form Logic is available by request. If you’re interested in adding this feature, email us at email@example.com.
To use Form Logic, follow these steps:
- Go to your Form page and click on an existing form to edit it or click Add Form to create a new form.
2. In the Form Designer tab of the Form Builder, drag a Checkbox List or Radio List field from the Toolbox on to your submission form. (Note: Currently, the originating field for a Form Logic branch must be a Checkbox List or Radio List field.)
3. Write your Checkbox List or Radio List question, and enter the optional answers for the question.
4. Check the Enable Branching checkbox in the form field.
5. Add branch fields will appear next to each optional answer. A branch is the series of fields, or questions, that will appear to the user if that optional answer is selected.
6. Click the Add branch field next to each optional answer for which you would like to designate a branch. Currently, you can use up to thirty branches in a form. (Note: There is no limit to the number of fields nested within each branch, and any nested field that is a Checkbox List or Radio List can have branches.)
7. Once you have designated a branch for an optional answer, identify what kind of form field you’d like users to see next if they choose that answer. (Note: You can designate any type of form field to be nested within a branch.) Drag and drop that form field from the Toolbox on to the submission form, type in your desired text for it, and click the Add branch dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner of the field.
8. In the Add branch dropdown menu, choose the appropriate branch number for this field. To remove a field from a branch, choose Remove branch from the Add branch dropdown menu.
9. Continue to add branches and sub-branches as needed in your form field. When you’re finished, click Save Form.
If you have questions or would like to add Form Logic to your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.