Organization team members and reviewers can add colorful labels to a submission to denote any kind of information. Labels help you organize your submissions into logical form -- Ineligible, To the Editorial Table, WOW!, Issue 5, Needs References -- any form you want.
Labels are useful to see, at a glance, pertinent info when viewing a list of submissions. Labels do all the work that folders do in real life, but with an added bonus: you can add more than one label to a submission. On the Submissions page, use the Search Filters feature to limit your list to include submissions that have certain labels.
Submitters cannot see Labels and are not notified when labels are applied to their submissions. All levels of organization team members and reviewers can see all labels that are applied to submissions.
To add a label from the Submissions page:
1. At the top of the submissions list, select the checkbox to the left of the submission you want to label.
2. Click the Label button (shown below) at the top of the submissions list
3. Select an existing label from the drop-down menu or create a new label by choosing the Create New Label option.
To add a label from a submission's Submission Details page:
1. Click the Label button (shown below) at the top of the page.
2. Select an existing label from the drop-down menu or create a new label by choosing the Create New Label option.
REMOVING OR DELETING LABELS
The user who adds a label and Level 4 and 5 team members can remove a label from a submission by hovering the mouse cursor over the label and clicking the x.
To remove a label from all submissions, go to More > Configurations. Then click Labels on the left-hand side of the screen. Click Remove next to the specific label.
To remove a label from all submissions and delete the label from future use, click Delete next to the specific label.