Organization administrators can manually add submissions to their submission manager. Such submissions might have come in via snail mail or email, for example.
To Get Started:
Click the Gear symbol located on the right-hand side of the submission list to open the Options menu. Click on Add New Submission.
This will bring you to the "add submission" form.
If You Know the Submitter's Email Address:
- Enter their email address in the form field
- If he or she already has a Submittable account, you can proceed to create a submission under his or her account. The user will receive an email notifying them that a manually entered submission has been added to his or her account.
- If he or she does not have a Submittable account, you will be asked for his or her name/address along with the submission data. An account will be created for him or her, and the submission will be added to this account. The user will receive an email notifying them of their account details and that a manually entered submission has been added to their account.
If You Do Not Know the Submitter's Email Address:
- Click the link to the right of the email field
- You will be sent to a form that will allow you to enter the user and submission information. The submitter's account will be created with a fake email address. You will be able to manage the submission as normal, but the submitter will not have access to this submission via Submittable and will not receive any notifications regarding changes to the submission.
Then, you will be prompted to choose a submission form, enter form data and optionally upload a file. If you wish to upload more than one file with the submission, you can put all of the files in a .zip folder and upload the .zip file.
Finally, click the "Save Submission" button to complete the process.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.