Submittable regularly makes updates and improvements to our software. Please refer to this page for an up-to-date record of our recent releases.
Week of 1/14/19 - 1/18/19 v3.793-v3.797
- Improved performance of navigation function when user account created without a first or last name.
- Resolved an error occurring with the random assignment feature.
- Improved the function of the content page when an organization deletes files submitter-uploaded files.
- Updated the new navigation for improved performance on mobile devices.
- Improved the ability to upload large files when the same form is open in two tabs.
Week of 1/7/19-1/11/19 v.3787-v3.792
- Expanded text area on review forms and enabled line-by-line expansion with text entry.
- Improved randomize assignment feature to make the assignments more random.
Week of 12/31/18 - 1/4/19 v3.784 - v3.786
- Added the ability to use custom CSS on a Gallery page.
Week of 12/24/18 - 12/28/18 v3.777 -v3.783
- Updated navigation bar.
- Added shadow box to new navigation bar.
- Updated navigation bar for mobile.
- Improved functioning of publication-date feature if set before a submission is accepted.
- Changed “Reference Letter” to “Supporting Documents” in email template and file-upload field and "Document Request" in Form Designer toolbox.
- Improved Reports functioning with Firefox.
Week of 12/17/18 - 12/21/18 v3.773- v3.776
- Improved the “No Response” option text in the Response Template dropdown for status-change emails.
Week of 12/10/18 - 12/14/18 v3.769- v3.772
- Improved draft editor plugin for image resizing in the General Guidelines.
Week of 12/03/18 - 12/07/18 v3.764-v3.768
- Improved functionality for downloading reviews in activity tab on submission details page.
Week of 11/19/18 - 11/30/18 v3.755-v3.763
- Improved the open for editing function to only show relevant file upload form fields.
- Added reference letter form field to additional forms.
- Enhanced error messaging for forms missing required information.
- Improved functionality of image links in gallery view.
- Improved footer position in gallery view.
- Improved manual submission capability for forms with an international phone field.
- Improved live links in text areas in a review form.
- Added permission level to pending team invites on the team list.
- Improved action when clicking on name of inactive team member on team list, now directs to team member edit page.
- Updated instructions on how to use placeholder tags when creating.
- Changed verbiage when removing a Form from ‘Delete this Form’ to ‘Remove this Form’.
- Removed ability to send an Additional Form when a submission is Withdrawn.
- Removed Statistics Report verbiage from the Summary Page.
- Improved search filter function to show Add-On Payment description.
- Improved placement of message explaining that a form is not live when you click on the title of a not-live form.
- Improved appearance of hyperlinks to match the font chosen on the Look & Feel page.
- Enabled ability to hover over the time in the Activity Feed in Submission Details and view the full time entry.
- Improved review form function to create a new review template if submission is moved to a new form.
- Received Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) from Perkins Access for the submitter-facing side of the platform. This VPAT follows industry standards outlined in WCAG 2.0, which were included in recent updates to Section 508.
- Improved checkbox functionality to decode all HTML entities.
- Removed the ability for organizations to choose the color for the required form field asterisks. All Asterisks will be red by default.
- Improved the Text Area word limit function in the custom review designer.
- Improved tag display in Discover.
- Removed blind reviewers’ ability to access submitter name by clicking Auto Label in submission details page.
- Improved functioning of Auto Labels in single-checkbox form fields.
- Improved withdraw function to limit the number of notification emails received by an organization.
- Updated table viewer in submission details page to display submitter edits.
- Improved scrolling function in the file-navigation dropdown in submissions details page.
- Improved the In-Line feature for review form fields.
- Updated verbiage on Payment Validation page.
- Improved platform functionality when HTML errors are built into a form by an organization.
- Improved duplicating-form function to maintain internal form field.
09/24/18-09/28/18 v3.722 -v3.725
- Improved functioning of expiration date when setting forms to expire at 11:59 PM.
- Downloaded reports will now automatically delete from view after 45 days.
- Level 3 team members can now view editable assigned submissions.
- Improved functioning and appearance of review-form dropdown fields.
- Improved visibility of text blocks when Form Logic applied to a form.
- Re-designed close icon when declining a submission from the submission list and attaching a file.
- Improved functioning of Upgrade Plan buttons viewable on Inactive accounts.
- Added error messages when incorrect CVV or expiration date entered upon upgrade.
- Changed view of plan-pricing page for invoiced customers.
- Improved ability to scroll between images in full-screen mode.
- Removed trashcan icon for Level 1-3 team members on file-upload form fields.
- Added button to connect Submittable account to Salesforce account.
- Improved functionality of blinded form fields.
- Improved loading and viewing of video files in the Submission Details page.
- Improved redirection, and added dedicated login button, for Single Sign On (SSO) users.
- Improved the ability to scroll in the submission details page in an inactive account.
- Increased visual padding around login and signup buttons in mobile.
- Various improvements made to submission export function.
09/6/18 v3.705, v3.706
- Improved subject line text when emailing a Gallery link from an Android phone.
- Removed default text populating Text Blocks in Additional Forms.
- Links shared from Gallery homepage now include the organization’s name.
- Improved the ability to edit radio lists on submissions.
- Additional Forms now required to have a unique name before they get sent to submitters.
- Error message added when required checkbox list left incomplete in review forms.
- Improved clarity of message users receive when they try to Sign Up, rather than Sign In, with an existing Submittable account.
- Improved gallery viewing capabilities, maintaining voting page when scrolling or clicking outside of the image.
- Improved functioning of scrolling behavior when ‘At opening show file preview' is chosen, returning user to correct page of submission-list view from submission details page.
- Improved scrolling behavior on submission details page.
- Improved review-form functionality when form logic is present.
- Internal Note verbiage removed when adding a Submitter Note, a Private Note or a Team Note to the activity feed of a submission.
- Added image-uploading indicator on Look and Feel page.
- Include Talentd submissions in submitter list.
- Changed default settings for submission forms to open at 12 am on the “Starts On” date, and expire at 11:59 pm on the “Expires On” date.
- Improved audio transcoding.
- Levels 1 and 2 team members can now successfully download their own reviews.
- Improved random sort performance in Gallery.
- Header images will now save if uploaded prior to saving Look and Feel settings.
08/16/2018 v3.689, v3.690 i
- Improved acessibilty: required fields on the profile page weren’t obviously marked as such when viewed via screen reader. Added asterisks to each label and input.
- If Discover checkbox on User Settings page is unchecked, user is now redirected to submission list upon login.
- Improved iOS video viewing in Gallery.
- Improved accessibility: user submission list didn’t visually indicate that each row is a link. Titles of submission list items now underlined to make link more evident.
- Improved Accessibility: required fields on the change password page weren’t obviously marked as such when viewed via screen reader. Added asterisks to each label and input.
- Reference letters are now downloadable from the submission details page.
- Removed “These changes will be visible to the submitter” message that appeared when an organization edited an internal field in the submission details.
- Items in“Select (long list)” tool in the Form Designer are now ordered.
08/08/2018 v3.682, v3.683 i
- Added JPG file format for adding and replacing reference letters on submission details page.
- Header image is now able to be deleted on Look and Feel page.
08/08/2018 v3.677, v3.678, v3.679, v3.680, v3.681
- Review downloads format changed from PDF to RTF.
- Default submission list sort changed from title ascending to submitted date descending.
- Header image uploader updated to allow image cropping capabilities and improve the user interface for header-image uploading.
- In submission detail activity feed, pop-up alert added when a file is added to submission notes area, stating that note text is required.
- Allowed uppercase characters in reference letter email.
- If an unembeddable video file is present on submission detail page, display a clickable URL instead of black box.
- A loading indicator was added when paging through submissions using forward and back arrows.
- Added ALT text, for accessibility purposes, to question-mark icon on public-facing submission pages.
08/02/2018 v3.672, v3.673, v3.674, v3.675, v3.676
- If organization has no response templates set up, it’s now possible to accept or decline without notifying submitter.
- More descriptive labels added to links for screen readers.
- Consent copy (at sign-up and on user settings page) was updated to make it to make it more clear that promotional and marketing emails are coming from Submittable.
- Level 2 team members can now be assigned to a submission, and then assign someone else to the submission and remove themselves from the submission at the same time.
- Error message added when a required checkbox is not checked and user attempts to complete the submission.
- When scrolling through multiple submissions, reviewers are now returned to previous page, rather than the first page.
- More than 10 options now allowed on a checkbox rating list in a review form.
- Standardized link size in organization guidelines area.
- Improved scrolling behavior in drop-down list for team-member assignees.
- Improved functionality of Update Review, Save Draft and Finalize Review buttons on new submission details page.
- Added the submission assignment links back to the assignments email.
- Ensured that default note visibility set in Assignments & Notifications tab was reflected in submission details.
- Enabled new submission details page by default for new organizations.
- Removed Talentd-related links and pages from platform.
- Removed search function in note-visibility drop-down.
07/23/2018 v3.664, v3.665, v3.666, v3.667
- Label activity blinded on new submission details page.
- Commas can now be used in Radio List and Checkbox List options of custom review forms.
- Alphabetize list of team members when sending email from submission details page.
- Minor alignment and style improvements made to new submission details page
- Added front-end notification when fee is required.
- Resolved issue of long submission titles visually displacing certain action buttons.
- Resolved issue related to API handling of reference-letter requests.
- Updated copy to enable or disable Discover on User Settings page.
- Improved status message for large-video transcoding.
- Re-added ability to add note to assignment email.
- Improved date and URL validation for their respective form fields.
- Updated message text for organizations that have met their team-member limit.
07/17/2018 v3.661, v3.662
- Added missing apostrophe typo in some localized text.
- Displayed file name now hidden on new submission details if the rest of the submission is blind.
- Accessibility improvement: fixed issue with dropdowns not being able to be properly read by screen-readers.
- Improved visual presentaion on additional form dropdown.
- Updated color of social-share icons to create platform-wide visual consistency.
- Video progress bar now shows in Internet Explorer
- Made email subject field required across response templates.
- Email verification now required for Gallery voters.
07/13/2018 v3.659 v3.660
- Improved file upload to editable submissions.
- Added submitter address and payment information to the info-box pop-up in the new submission details page.
- Improved password-reset functionality.
07/12/2018 v3.652, v3.653, v3.654, v3.655, v3.656, v3.657, v3.658
- Made blind status actions consistent between list page and submission details page.
- Increased specificity of error-message language in forms when submitter attempts to finalize submission without completing a required field.
- Updated copy for default email templates to increase relevance to a broader user base.
- Various UI improvements to the submission details page, including text added to icons, calendar moved to More menu, and improved placement and functioning of Additional Forms.
- Added a default subject line for response templates without a subject line.
- Date displays properly in new submission details page.
- Corrected response templates using the [DetailsLink] tag sending users to a 404 due to missing "/" in the URL.
- Updated file viewer in Gallery to support 360/VR video.
- Improved form deletion functionality form-list page.
- Improved Email validation links.
- Notifications messages no longer block any UI in submission details page.
- Status-change emails no longer fail when submission deleted immediately following status change.
- Added checkbox on Personal Settings page so that user can choose whether to land at Discover, or on their submissions list page, upon login.
- Added checkbox for organizations to disable Discover access for submitters who sign up at their domain.
- Added LinkedIn button to public-facing submission pages; removed Google Plus button.
- Improved submitter name display when special character references are used in new submission emails.
- Reviewer name appears in assignment emails, instead of assigner's name.
- Changed submitter-side submission download from RTF to PDF.
- Mobile improvement: Increased size of social share icons on mobile and made the “close lightbox” button visible.
- Mobile improvement: Added the “view other submissions” button to the bottom of a submission light box for reduced scrolling to access list view.
- Updated appearance of price total on paid submission forms.
- Implemented link to return to list view on Gallery light-box pages.
- Eliminated typo on User Settings page.
- Increased font size in all generated PDFs. Returned to using Proxima Nova font. Added line breaks between reviews.
- Switched Gallery guidelines entry from text box to the WYSIWYG editor, and made any text linkable.
- Improved site navigation.
- Improved on new submission details page.
- Added customization of dates and times for form start and expiration.