Submittable's Advanced Reporting tool works similarly to Submittable's Standard Reporting feature (included with all accounts) but adds the powerful ability to consolidate and pull data from multiple forms at once. Advanced Reporting also enables users to see report data in an array of visualization formats, including charts and pivot tables.
Please note: Submission data requires 24 hours to appear in Advanced Reporting.
Starting an Advanced Report
Note: When generating an Advanced Report, you will first need to Select Data from the project you want to include, then proceed to the Analyze Data stage to configure and view the data.
Building an Advanced Report:
1. Select Reports > Advanced Reports.
2. Click the +New Report button
In the Report Name Box, give your report a name.
3. Use the Date Range selection boxes to select a date range for the data you want to be included.
4. From the Projects dropdown list, select the projects from which you want to pull data. You can select from any of your existing projects that contain submissions. There is no limit to the number of projects that can be selected.
5. If desired, select any Labels that have been applied to received submissions. This will generate a report that includes only submissions from your projects that have these labels applied.
Selecting Data from Your Projects
Next, make selections from the various Fields selector dropdown columns for the data you want to be shown in your report. You will see dropdown arrows for Submitter Information, Form Attributes (which are standard identifiers from all submissions such as Submission ID, Status, Labels, etc.), your Initial Form titles, Funds (if you are using the feature to distribute grants), as well any other form types (e.g., Eligibility, Review, Internal) that may be attached to your project. The Fields selector column will look like this:
A complete list of field data selection options can be found here.
Reporting on Tables
You can add Table fields to your Advanced Report. Select the Table icon from the list of available fields under the Project name. In this example, the field is named Table Question:
A new window will open, showing the connected Table. Select the cells that you want to report on:
Select Add to Report to finalize the selection.
Note: The cells will be blank in the cell selection window. Submission data will not appear.
Save and Return to your Configured View
1. After selecting the boxes in the desired Fields selection columns, click the Save As New View button in the lower right corner of the page.
2. You'll be prompted to name your View. A saved report view enables you to return to the custom data configuration that you've created at any time to adjust, analyze, or visualize your data. Give your View a name and click Save.
Note: You can return to the Select Data area at any time by clicking the Back to Select Data button on the lower left of the page.
9. Once you've saved a new report View, you can access it in the Select View dropdown
Note: You can make changes to an existing view at any time by selecting it from the View dropdown, then clicking on the Update and Save Review button in the lower right.
Or, to save it as a completely new view, click the Save as New View button to create new report view (the new view will show up as a separate view selection option in the Select View dropdown).
Custom Review Forms in Advanced Reports
You can also include data from individual Review Form questions. For rating fields, users have the option to add the rating field question as well as the score provided for the particular rating field. Custom Review form elements added to a report will display each reviewer’s response in its own column.
You can rename columns within your advanced report by selecting the column(s) you'd like to rename, then clicking Edit column names. This will activate an edit state in the selected columns, enabling you to customize the names. Once complete, click Save.
Note: A column must be selected in order to enable the edit column names button
To view helpful video tutorials on how to use Advanced Reporting, choose any of the help topics below:
1. How to Analyze and Filter Project Data with Advanced Reports
Or watch this webinar for a full overview of the feature: