Submittable enables organizations to exchange messages with submitters that are now conveniently viewable and trackable within the Submittable platform. The Messages tab can be found on the Submission Details page to the right of the Activity and Review columns. This feature allows for easy communications about a unique submission, without having to search through any offline emails that may have been exchanged outside the Submittable platform.
To send a message to a submitter about a unique submission:
- Click on the title of the submission you want to address from the Submission Details page.
- Click on the Messages tab.
- Click the Compose button at the top right of the dialog box. You may select a pre-written response template, or write your own subject and message in the text boxes provided. Your message will be sent in the form of an email to the submitter, and will show your organization's name as the sender. Submitters can respond to messages by replying to the email they receive. Any responses will appear in the new Messages tab on the Submission Details page, creating a correspondence record that is much easier to view than searching through a series of back and forth emails that have been exchanged outside the platform. Additionally, all message records will appear in a new Messages tab in the submitter's account.
- If your organization has un-checked the Enable Submitter Messaging checkbox in your organization's Account Settings, submitters will be unable to send messages to organizations from within their Submittable account.
However, submitters will be able to reply to any note or email message they receive from an organization regarding a unique submission.
- When a submitter replies to a message they received from an organization, the team member who sent the message will receive an email notification indicating that a submitter response has been sent. All other assigned team members, as well as level 4 and 5 administrators, will be able to view the message thread on the Submission Details page, but will not receive an outside email notification.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.