*Please note: this article refers to features associated with Submittable's new form engine, and may or may not be applicable to your organization's account. Please contact our support team with any questions.
When creating new form, you can click on the Field Options link at the bottom left of any form field to select the available form field settings for that field.
Below are brief descriptions of these options. Please click on the links in this article to read additional detailed instructions on how to use a particular setting.
• Response Required: Requires submitters to complete that field before they can successfully submit. Submitters will see a red asterisks next to any question that requires a response.
• Inline: Changes the layout of answer choices for a checkbox list or radio list. The default setting for list layout is vertical, like this:
If you select the Inline setting, it will change the layout to a horizontal presentation.
• Blind Review: Makes any entries to the field invisible to all reviewers at or below the chosen blind level. You can set the blind level under the Assignments and Notifications tab to the right of the Form Designer tab.
• Auto Label: Apply an Auto Label or Custom Auto Label to each incoming submission based on the direct text from the reply to a field. Or, you may enter in a custom text label that will be generated with a corresponding response.
To apply an auto-label that uses the field text/value directly:
Click Field Options at the bottom of the field to which you want to add an Auto Label. Check the Auto Label box. Select Use field value as label.
The label applied will consist of the exact same text as the question response. So, for example, if you are asking for an applicant's gender, and the response options are simply male and female, a corresponding label of male or female will be applied to the submission based on the response.
To apply a custom auto-label:
Click Field Options at the bottom of your field. Check the Auto Label box.
Select Use custom label as label.
An entry box will appear to the right of your response options. Type your desired label over the Add Label... prompt as shown below. In this instance, the yes response will apply a label that says previously published, and the no response will apply a label that says not previously published.
• Enable Branching: Initiates the field as the first in a series of conditional logic queries.
• Add Payment: Add fees that are calculated based on specific replies to a form field. Form field fees may be in addition to a base fee charged for the form itself. These fees will be calculate in total when the form is completed by a submitter.
• Allow Rich Text Editing: This form field option is available only with the Long Answer form field tool. Selecting this option will allow your submitters to format their written answers in the long answer format.
Submitters will see the rich text editor just above the provided space for a long answer entry.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.